A History of Apartheid in South Africa (good material on the website, but the ’structure‘ of the website can be confusing)
Do you need it in a nutshell? Here you go: Facts and figures about apartheid in South Africa
A very useful slideshow about the apartheid, its origins and the long struggle to overcome it.
An excerpt of Nelson Mandela’s speech at the Rivonia trial
Here you can find the vocabulary sets to make practicing a little more fun 😉
From the textbook Green Line 3
- From outer appearance to inner qualities to problems: Use this worksheet to write an outline for a character.
Characterizations – Good examples written by students
- Here you will find the characterization of Stanley that we have discussed in class. Thanks for submitting the paper!
- Check out this useful slideshow that explains direct and indirect characterization using a lot of examples.
- This vocabulary list provides some useful phrases for characterizations.
Have you found helpful websites for this topic? Post them into the comment section!
(Almost) Everything you need for an application in English
- Writing a letter of application – Tips and vocabulary
Here are some relevant grammar tips:
Well, yes… I understand that sitting down for a couple of dictations is not what you had in mind for your evening. However, dictations are a great help to learn vocabulary in context and to improve both your listening as well as your writing skills. And these online platforms offer you the chance to practice them without your teacher (e.g. me) looking over your shoulder all the time.
The BBC Youtube channel offers a wide range of language videos. Learn new vocabulary and practice your grammar by watching the short news clips specially designed for English learners.
Need an example? In this video about a snake café that has just opened in Tokyo you will learn the words/expressions not for the faint-hearted, venomous, conservation and reputation.